Your Safety is Our Primary Concern
Health, Safety, and Comfort
Whether you’re attending an event or meeting or planning one, you will want to know what precautions the Greenville Convention Center is taking to minimize health risks. Using CDC, state and city guidelines and recommendations, we have updated our already thorough cleaning guidelines and implemented additional processes and procedures to ensure your health, safety, and comfort. As protocols and guidelines from these entities continue to evolve, so will our policies moving forward.
GCC staff are required to have temperatures taken when reporting to work. Anyone with a temperature over 100 degrees will not be allowed to work. Staff who are feeling ill are encouraged to stay at home.
Custodial staff, food and beverage staff, and any staff member interacting with the general public are required to wear appropriate personal protective equipment, including face masks and gloves.
The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing has been increased in all public spaces, with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces such as public bathrooms, door handles, escalator and stair handrails, elevators and elevator buttons. Standard surface cleaning products include Ecolab Peroxide Multi-Surface Cleaner and Disinfectant and Spartan Hard Surface Disinfectant Wipes.
Hand sanitizer dispensers are available at all staff and public entrances and near high contact areas such as escalator and stair handrails. They also are placed in high traffic public areas. Back-of-house areas have sanitizing stations for employees.
Video displays throughout the facility consistently reinforce proper hygiene practice messaging, and decals in elevators encourage proper social distancing.
Fresh Air Circulation
The HVAC system serving the Woodside Conference Center meeting rooms functions on 100% fresh air exchange. Other building systems have been adjusted to maximize fresh air flow.
Food & Beverage
- The use of five-gallon general use water coolers has been suspended.
- Self-service food and beverage items have been suspended.
- Additional food and beverage protocols are in development.
- Depending on event specifications, secondary building entrances will remain closed to the public. When possible, building staff will be posted at a primary entrance and open doors for arriving guests.
- Depending on event specifications, secondary rest rooms will remain closed.
- Currently, while we encourage guests to wear masks, we are not mandating the wearing of masks or taking of temperatures for entrance to the building once we resume general activity. Organizations and event planners can mandate such policies for their specific event.
- It is the responsibility of each attendee to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- We are sourcing plexiglass barriers for use in reception areas and at ticket counters.
- The Greenville Convention Center has signed on to the Greater Greenville Pledge, joining local businesses who are committing to responsible re-opening plans.
- We also support Venue Shield, a world-wide initiative of more than 325 ASM Global facilities which will provide the highest levels of cleanliness and safety, while inspiring consumer confidence.