OVG Hospitality has the exclusive alcoholic beverage pouring rights within the Greenville Convention Center. South Carolina Law regarding sampling of Spirits, Wine and Beer has very specific guidelines that must be followed in order to legally sample these products. Requests must be submitted a minimum of 3 weeks in advance. NOTE: All vendors MUST receive prior approval and confirmation by the Food & Beverage Director. At the discretion of the Convention Center, exhibitors who do not comply will be asked to remove the items from the facility or be subject to repercussions by the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division. (SLED)
CONDITIONS OF SAMPLING ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES:
- All state specific procedures are followed
- A trained OVG Hospitality employee must pour the products being sampled; perform identification checks and wrist band if deemed necessary. Hourly labor charges will apply.
State Law Guidelines
SECTION 61-6-1640. Sampling of wine, cordials, and distilled spirits.
Notwithstanding the provisions of this subarticle or any other provision of law, an establishment licensed pursuant to Article 5 of this chapter is authorized to conduct samplings of wines in excess of sixteen percent alcohol, cordials, and distilled spirits, if the sampling is conducted as follows:
- The establishment must have a permanent seating capacity of fifty or more persons
- Samples may not be offered from more than four products at any one time
- The sampling must be held in the bar area of a licensed establishment and all open bottles must be visible at all times. All open bottles must be removed at the conclusion of the tasting
- Samples must be less than one-half ounce for each product sampled
- A person may not be served more than one sample of each product
- Sampling may not be offered for more than four hours
- At least five days before the sampling, a letter detailing the specific date and hours of the sampling must be mailed first class to the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division
- A sample may not be offered to, or allowed to be consumed by, an intoxicated person or a person under the age of twenty-one years
- A licensed establishment may not offer more than one sampling each day
- The sampling must be conducted by the manufacturer or wholesaler or an agent of the manufacturer or wholesaler
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information. Please check official sources.
Telephone # 864-233-2562 Fax # 864-255-8600 An OVG Hospitality managed facility
The applicant named below acknowledges they have sole responsibility for use, service and disposal of such items in compliance with all applicable laws. The applicant agrees to indemnify and forever hold harmless OVG Hospitality and Greenville Convention Center, Greenville and its agents from all liabilities, damages, losses, costs or expenses resulting directly or indirectly from their use distribution or other dispensed food and beverage items.