Where Business
And Hospitality Meet

Overview

With impressive event space, professional services and a prime location in one of the nation’s most talked about cities, the Greenville Convention Center is the Southeast’s leading event destination offering everything you need to plan, host, connect and enjoy in a more meaningful way.

Our Mission and Vision

To consistently execute memorable events in a manner that respects the aspirations of our clients, our staff and our community as the region’s event venue of choice.

280,000 square feet of exhibit and event space

Room to accommodate to groups from 25-25,000 in size

Professional event management team

60,000 square feet of meeting and conference space

Location just minutes from GSP International Airport and vibrant downtown

Award-winning
culinary staff

30,000 square-foot ballroom

Minutes from historic downtown

The right place at the right time.

1915

The First Southern Textile Exposition takes place at the old Piedmont and Northern Railroad Warehouse at the 300 block of West Washington Street in downtown Greenville.

1917

The original Textile Hall opens in downtown Greenville.

1964

The ”new” Textile Hall opens at current location off Pleasantburg Drive on October 12, 1964. 

1966

Textile Hall completes its first expansion. Additional exhibit space is added in 1969, and again in 1977. The building now includes 368,000 sq. ft. of exhibit space and ranks as one of the largest exposition facilities in the country. 

1993

The James H. Woodside Conference Center is dedicated. A former President of Textile Hall Corporation, Mr. Woodside was instrumental in leading the growth of the facility in the 1960s and ’70s. At the same time, the facility changed its name to the Palmetto International Exhibition and Convention Center, or Palmetto Expo Center. 

2001

The City of Greenville purchases the Palmetto Expo Center from Textile Hall Corp. for $6.75 milion and contracts with SMG to manage the facility. 

2006

Carolina First Center completes a $22 milion renovation that improves the facility’s exhibit and meeting spaces and boosts connectivity with public spaces. 

2007

Carolina First Bank, a subsidiary of The South Financial Group which is headquartered in Greenville, buys the naming rights to the facility. The name is changed from Palmetto Expo Center to Carolina First Center.

2011

TD Convention Center makes its debut as the conversion of the Carolina First Bank brand to TD Bank continues throughout the Carolinas. Carolina First had a multi- year, naming rights sponsorship of the convention center, which TD Bank assumed with the acquisition of the bank.

2018

A new brand takes shape as TD Convention Center becomes Greenville Convention Center, reflecting the pride, ownership and roots connected to the ever-growing city of Greenville and the community that surrounds it.

Expositions are the timekeepers of progress. They record the advancement, they stimulate the energy, enterprise and intellect of the people, and quicken human genius.
–A. B. Carter to the first Southern Textile Exposition, November, 1915